Master School Nurse and COVID-19
This continuing education course will focus on support and preparation for the return of students to school during the COVID-19 pandemic. The target audience for this learning activity is school nurses, nurses, school administrators, teachers, parents, corporations, communities, and government officials. The information is presented in modules and includes storyboards to support critical thinking and real-world application of current research, guidelines, and policies. The time to complete this activity is approximately 2 hours.
1. Classify triage of student visits to the school nurse: parent collaboration, medical referral, and return to class.
2. Appraise symptoms of COVID-19 vs symptoms of standard childhood illnesses.
3. Examine potential psychosocial challenges for children during the COVID-19.
4. Review guidelines and protocols regarding COVID-19 for children in school settings.
5. Explore methods of self-protection during frequent exposures to childhood illnesses.
6. Validate myth vs. fact regarding COVID-19 risk in children.