This introductory course will explore how to support dying individuals and their families. You will consider psychological aspects of death and dying and assess theories of grieving. You will be asked to reflect on your own attitudes about death and dying and examine a range of cultural attitudes around death. You will develop knowledge and strategies for how to support the transition to death.
1. Discuss personal attitudes around death and dying.
2. Assess psychological aspects of death and dying.
3. Evaluate research and theories related to death, dying, and grief.
4. Analyze diverse experiences related to death, dying, and grief.
5. Identify strategies to support those who are dying and their loved ones.
Cat Pausé, PhD is a professor of psychology at NorthCentral University. Her research explores the impact of fat stigma on the health and well-being of fat people.
Return to Catalog